Bloomberg Law Practice Centers: Overview
Practice Centers group Bloomberg Law resources by areas of legal practice. The Practice Centers feature resources from the entirety of Bloomberg Law and may include: Agency Materials, Federal Documents, Federal Opinions, From the Editor, Laws & Regulations, Legal Analysis, News, Practical Guidance, Practice Tools, State Rules, and Specialized Subjects, e.g.: Health Care Reform Tracking.
To access the Practice Centers, begin to enter the name of the Practice Center in the Search Bar and select the practice center from the auto-complete drop-down list.
Alternatively, click the Browse All Content icon and from the drop-down menu select Practice Centers. The list of Practice Centers displays, click a Practice Center to view the homepage.
Privacy & Data Security Practice Center
Bloomberg Law Privacy & Data Security brings you single-source access to the expertise of our editorial team, contributing practitioners, and global experts together with unmatched practice tools and primary source materials to help you mitigate risk and respond to client inquiries with confidence.
News & Commentary
Use Bloomberg Law Privacy & Data Security to stay on top of the latest developments from the U.S. and around the world. Our extensive network of reporters and correspondents helps you understand the implications of today’s developments.
Our enhanced news service provides real-time updates, along with the ability to set up customizable alerts to deliver relevant news as it is published or when it fits your schedule.
Anticipate regulatory changes with our Upcoming Enactments tool, which monitors the horizon for new laws and surveys legislative trends across jurisdictions.
Access the latest guidance, analysis, and interpretations on the General Data Protection Regulation with the EU GDPR Developments tool, which also tracks country- specific implementation statutes.
Our exclusive Practical Guidance collection includes model policies, checklists, and forms to facilitate your drafting needs and to get quick answers on the following topics:
- Data Breach Resources GDPR Compliance
- Cross-Border Data Transfers Outsourcing & Corporate Transactions Privacy Policies
- Health Care Cybersecurity
- Privacy Compliance in Clinical Research Cyber Insurance
- NY DFS Cybersecurity Regulations Workplace Privacy
Keep up-to-date on global developments with our exclusive collection of International Profiles, which provide overviews of data protection laws in more than 60 jurisdictions, along with commentary on each country’s risk environment from local practitioners.
Monitor the latest developments stateside with our growing collection of Domestic Profiles, which parse state laws and regulations by data type and sector and which offer a local practitioner’s perspective on the regulatory climate in each state.
The Privacy & Data Security Practice Portfolio Series offers insight and guidance from leading privacy and data security authorities. Written by expert practitioners, portfolio titles include:
- FTC Privacy Enforcement
- Health Information Privacy & Security Cybersecurity and Data Breach
- Privacy and Security Issues in Cloud Computing Cross-Border Data Transfers
- Consumer Financial Privacy Social Media
- Cybersecurity in Federal Securities Markets
- Cybersecurity and Privacy in Business Transactions: Managing Data Risk in Deals
- Drafting Privacy Policies for Websites, Apps, and Other Digital Services
- EU General Data Protection Regulation Technology and Outsourcing
Treatises provide expert practitioner insights and guidance to help you make sound decisions and plan with confidence. Titles include:
- Beyond Cybersecurity: Protecting Your Digital Business (Wiley Press)
- Cloud Computing and Electronic Discovery (Wiley Press)
- Cyber Liability in the Age of the New Data Security Laws (MCLE)
- Cyber Threat: How to Manage the Growing Risk of Cyber Attacks (Wiley Press)
- Cybersecurity Litigation: Consumer Data Protection and Privacy (BBNA)
- Data Security and Privacy in Massachusetts (MCLE) E-Health, Privacy, and Security Law (BBNA)
- Freedom of Information and Public Records Law in Massachusetts (MCLE)
- Getting the Deal Through: Cybersecurity
- Getting the Deal Through: Data Protection and Privacy Getting the Deal Through: Right of Publicity
- International Libel and Privacy Handbook: A Global Reference for Journalists, Publishers, Webmasters, and Lawyers (Wiley Press)
- Privacy in Employment Law (BBNA) Privacy Law Fundamentals (IAPP)
- Trade Secrets: A State-by-State Survey (BBNA) Workplace Data: Law and Litigation (BBNA)
Access topically focused pages for relevant primary source material, insight, and guidance on the following subjects:
- Data Breach Digital Privacy Consumer Privacy
- Health Data Privacy Financial Data Privacy Workplace Privacy
Easy-to-use comparative Chart Builders allow you to compare varying requirements and relevant data for 50 states and over 60 countries. Topic areas include:
- Data Breach Notification Requirements (Domestic)
- Disclosure of Medical Information (Domestic)
- Medical Record Access, Retention and Disposal (Domestic) Special Protections for Sensitive Health Information (Domestic
- Workplace Personal Information Protection (Domestic) Workplace Electronic Monitoring (Domestic) Workplace Privacy Requirements (International)
- Data Protection (International)
Access the full text of laws and regulations from U.S. sources, as well as significant EU Directives and Regulations. Links are provided to other international sources. Search or browse bills proposed in the Congress, and find U.S. court opinions by citation, jurisdiction, keyword, party, date, industry and other fields. Materials include:
- U.S. Code
- Code of Federal Regulations Federal Register
- Federal Agency Guidance State Codes
- State Regulations
- EU Directives & Regulations
- International Statutes and Regs (links provided)
- U.S. Federal and State Court Opinions
With Bloomberg Law’s® proprietary citator, BCiteSM, you are able to review how other courts have treated your case.
Understand the impact of new regulations, laws, and enforcement actions with commentary and analysis by the newsmakers themselves. Our comprehensive coverage includes Bloomberg Law Insights from thought leaders who help you focus on what matters