Bloomberg Law Practice Centers: Overview
Practice Centers group Bloomberg Law resources by areas of legal practice. The Practice Centers feature resources from the entirety of Bloomberg Law and may include: Agency Materials, Federal Documents, Court Opinions & Dockets, Laws & Regulations, Legal Analysis, News, Chart Builders, Practical Guidance, Practice Tools, State Rules, and Specialized Subjects, e.g.: Health Care Reform Tracking.
To access the Practice Centers, begin to enter the name of the Practice Center in the Search Bar and select the practice center from the auto-complete drop-down list.
Alternatively, click the Browse All Content icon and from the pop-out menu, select Practice Centers. The list of Practice Centers displays, click a Practice Center to view the homepage.
Privacy & Data Security Practice Center
Bloomberg Law Privacy & Data Security brings you single-source access to the expertise of our editorial team, contributing practitioners, and global experts together with unmatched practice tools and primary source materials. The tools and resources available on this practice center will help you mitigate risk and respond to client inquiries with confidence.
News & Commentary
Use Bloomberg Law Privacy & Data Security to stay on top of the latest developments from the U.S. and around the world. Our extensive network of reporters and correspondents helps you understand the implications of today’s developments.
Our enhanced news service provides real-time updates, along with the ability to set up customizable alerts to deliver relevant news as it is published or when it fits your schedule.
Anticipate regulatory changes with our Upcoming Enactments tool, which monitors the horizon for new laws and surveys legislative trends across jurisdictions.
Our exclusive Practical Guidance collection includes model policies, checklists, and forms to facilitate your drafting needs and to get quick answers on the following topics:
- Avoiding Human Bias in Artificial Intelligence
- Lessons for In-House Counsel
- Data Breach Resources
- GDPR Compliance
- Cross-Border Data Transfers
- Vendor Contracts & Cyber Insurance
- Outsourcing & Corporate Transactions
- Privacy Policies
- Health Care Cybersecurity
- NY DFS Cybersecurity Regulations
- Workplace Privacy
Keep up-to-date on global developments with our exclusive collection of International Privacy Profiles, which provide overviews of data protection laws in more than 60 jurisdictions, along with commentary on each country’s risk environment from local practitioners.
Monitor the latest developments stateside with our growing collection of U.S. State Privacy Profiles, which parse state laws and regulations by data type and sector and which offer a local practitioner’s perspective on the regulatory climate in each state.
The Privacy & Data Security Practice Portfolio Series offers insight and guidance from leading privacy and data security authorities. Written by expert practitioners, portfolio titles include:
- FTC Privacy Enforcement
- Health Information Privacy & Security
- Cybersecurity and Data Breach
- Privacy and Security Issues in Cloud Computing
- Cross-Border Data Transfers
- Consumer Financial Privacy
- Social Media
- Technology Regulation in the Federal Securities Markets
- Cybersecurity and Privacy in Business Transactions: Managing Data Risk in Deals
- Drafting Privacy Policies for Websites, Apps, and Other Digital Services
- EU General Data Protection Regulation
- Technology and Outsourcing
- Cybersecurity Governance: A Guide for Corporate Officers, Director and General Counsel
Treatises provide expert practitioner insights and guidance to help you make sound decisions and plan with confidence. Titles include:
Bloomberg BNA (BBNA)
- E-Health, Privacy, and Security Law
- Privacy in Employment Law
- Trade Secrets: A State-by-State Survey
- Workplace Data: Law and Litigation
Getting the Deal Through (GTDT)
- Cloud Computing
- Data Protection and Privacy
- Right of Publicity
- Beyond Cybersecurity: Protecting Your Digital Business
- Cloud Computing and Electronic Discovery
- Cyber Threat: How to Manage the Growing Risk of Cyber Attacks
- Cybersecurity Law
- International Libel and Privacy Handbook: A Global Reference for Journalists, Publishers, Webmasters, and Lawyers
International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Hands-On Guide to GDPR Compliance: Privacy by Design, Privacy by Default
- Privacy Law Fundamentals
In Focus Pages
Access topically focused pages for relevant primary source material, insight, and guidance on the following subjects:
- Schrems II
- General Data Protection Regulation
- California Consumer Privacy Act
- Broadband Privacy
- NYDFS Cybersecurity Regulations
Easy-to-use comparative Chart Builders allow you to compare varying requirements and relevant data for 50 states and over 60 countries. Topic areas include:
- GDPR Derogations
- Data Breach Notification Requirements (Domestic)
- Disclosure of Medical Information (Domestic)
- Medical Record Access, Retention and Disposal (Domestic)
- Special Protections for Sensitive Health Information (Domestic)
- Workplace Personal Information Protection (Domestic)
- Workplace Electronic Monitoring (Domestic)
- Global Workplace Privacy Requirements (International)
- Data Protection (International)
Stay abreast of legislative and regulatory changes affecting critical components of this practice area. Trackers are editorially curated by our internal experts. Topics include:
- CCPA Amendments Tracker
- CCPA Copycat Legislative Proposals
- State Data Security Practices
- GDPR Interpretation & Guidance
- GDPR Implementation Statutes
- GDPR Complaints & Enforcement
Access the full text of laws and regulations from U.S. sources, as well as significant EU Directives and Regulations. Links are provided to other international sources. Search or browse bills proposed in Congress, and find U.S. court opinions by citation, jurisdiction, keyword, party, date, industry and other fields. Materials include:
- U.S. Code
- Code of Federal Regulations
- Federal Register
- Federal Agency Guidance
- State Laws & Regulations
- EU Directives & Regulations
- International Statutes & Regulations (links provided)
- U.S. Federal and State Court Opinions* U.S. Code
With Bloomberg Law’s® proprietary citator, BCiteSM, you are able to review how other courts have treated your case.
Understand the impact of new regulations, laws, and enforcement actions with commentary and analysis by the newsmakers themselves. Our comprehensive coverage includes Bloomberg Law Insights from thought leaders who help you focus on what matters.